Learn about the different courses International Trade Center offers
The ITC’s mission is to foster inclusive and sustainable growth and development through trade and international business development. For this reason the International Trade Center offers different courses for you to participate:
- Approaching Banks for Financing: explains the ways in which the financial needs of small enterprises are determined and the obstacles that they face in accessing adequate financing.
- How to Analyze Trade Flows: introduces the main concepts of trade flow analysis together with a dedicated tool to perform it (Trade Map).
- Setting up an Export Marketing Strategy: introduces the ways in which export marketing forms a vital component of the export development process.
- Taking the Entrepreneurship Route: is aimed at fostering the inclusion of young entrepreneurs into international markets and global value chains, with the ultimate objective of creating jobs and income opportunities.
- Building a Trade Information Service: showcases the principles and best practices for trade information services planning and management. It also conceptualizes enterprise-focused information services to enable better informed decision making by the business community.
- Helping SMEs Generate Export Business: introduces techniques used for successful international business generation, in both face-to-face and virtual/remote environments. Each environment is described in terms of its characteristics, pros and cons, challenges, as well as the factors that determine respective comparative advantages.
- Understanding the Role of Trade Support Institutions: explains the role of the Trade Support Institution (TSI), the ways in which TSIs are categorized, and the main TSI stakeholders.
- Introduction to Cross-border Contracts: explains the main attributes of cross-border contracts, the preliminary process of contracting and the documents that are required by both parties. Also the course will give an introduction to useful resources for SMEs to use in their work with contracts, such as ITC Model Contracts, the UNIDROIT Principles, the Vienna Convention (CISG), and the International Chamber of Commerce.
- Trade Finance for Exporters: Focusing on real-world exporting experiences, this course takes participants on a journey through the trade finance industry with the aim of providing them with the ability to not only identify and access appropriate pre and post-shipment trade finance products, but also to effectively negotiate payment terms with buyers (importers).
- Introduction to Exporting Coffee: e-learning course has been designed to enhance knowledge and best practices for effective participation in the international coffee trade. Based on the 2012 ITC publication “The Coffee Exporter's Guide”, the course was developed in collaboration with experts from around the world to provide the essentials in understanding the business of exporting coffee, including contracts/shipping and meeting buyer requirements.
Participants who meet the course requirements will receive a Certificate of Completion issued in electronic format.