XII BUSINESS SUMMIT CHINA LAC
The "XII China-LAC Business Summit" to be held on November 1, 2 and 3, 2018 in Zhuhai, China. This high level business summit is being jointly organized by the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), the Government of Guangdong Province, the Chinese Council for the Promotion of International Trade (CCPIT) and the People's Bank of China.
The event aims to strengthen and expand the commercial links between Asia, particularly China, and Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) through the exchange of ideas and experiences in the development of commercial promotion activities, the identification of business opportunities and the promotion of trade and foreign investment in our Region.
In addition, the IDB team will facilitate individual business meetings between companies in China and LAC
BENEFITS FOR COMPANIES
PARTICIPATION OF COMPANIES: With the objective of supporting small and medium-sized exporting companies (SMEs) in Latin America and the Caribbean in their internationalization process, the IDB will offer interested SMEs that meet the requirements described below, the following Benefits:
- The IDB will reimburse up to US $ 1,500 (one thousand five hundred dollars) to one representative per exporting company selected to participate in the Business Summit. Note: Space is limited. Applications will be reviewed in order of arrival and the benefit will be granted only to companies that comply with the established requirements, which are detailed below. The reimbursement will be disbursed within 30 business days after participation in the Business Summit.
- Personalized agenda of business meetings.
- Conferences, social, cultural and networking activities within the framework of the XII China-LAC Business Summit.
What requirements must companies meet to apply to these benefits?
- Belong to some of the following sectors: Agribusiness, and Professional Services. To see the list of specific subsectors and products, click here.
- Have a company profile in ConnectAmericas and be verified or in the verification process. If you still do not know ConnectAmericas, the first social network for entrepreneurs created by the IDB, click here.
- Belong to a member country of the borrowing countries of the IDB (see here the list of member countries).
- Be a small or medium sized company according to the following classification.
- Have commercial experience with Asia, preferably with China.
How to apply to receive this benefit?
- If you are not part of ConnectAmericas, the first step will be to complete your personal and business profile at ConnectAmericas.com. Click on the "register" button located at the top right of this page. Note: It is very important that you complete all the fields in the registration form, in order for your application to be considered and evaluated for IDB benefits.
- Sign up for the event here by September 19 and with detailed information about your company.
When and how do I find out if I was selected?
- The Selection Committee will notify you if your company has been selected, within 15 business days after you submit your registration application.
- Keep in mind that we will only contact you if your company was selected, and we will inform you the following steps to access the benefits.
- Priority will be given to those companies that have never received benefits to attend China-LAC in previous years.
- Priority will be given to companies that participate in Trade Missions, either with Trade / Investment Promotion Agencies or China's bilateral Chambers of their country.
- The quota to participate in the Business Matchmaking Meetings is limited.
- Only one application per company will be received, in which a maximum of 2 participants can be included. Note: In case your company is selected to receive the benefits, it will only be granted to one (1) participant.
For more information or questions contact: email@example.com