X BUSINESS SUMMIT CHINA LAC
*** Event registration remains open, however, we are no longer accepting applications for IDB benefits due to the high volume of requests we receive and the limited number of spots we have. Thank you for your interest. ***
The 10th China-LAC Business Summit will be held on October 14 and 15, 2016 in Tangshan, China. This event is organized by the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), the People´s Government of Hebei Province, the China Concil for the Promotion of International Trade (CCPIT), and the People's Bank of China.
The event aims to strengthen and expand trade links between Asia, particularly China, and Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) through the exchange of ideas, experiences and business opportunities, thus boosting trade and foreign investment activities in LAC.
In addition, the IDB team will help organize individual business meetings between Chinese and LAC companies.
EXPORTING COMPANY PARTICIPATION: To support small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) from Latin America and the Caribbean in bringing their exporting companies into the international trading arena, the IDB will provide to those SMEs who meet the requirements described further below the following benefits:
- For SME exporting companies: The IDB will provide an airfare voucher of up to US $ 1,500 to those selected (to a maximum of 10 SMEs by each IDB borrowing member country. Applications will be reviewed in order of arrival and only those companies who meet the above requirements will be selected). The airfare voucher will be paid within 15 working days after the participation in the China-LAC Business Summit. For institutions organizing a trade mission to China at the time of the Summit, the IDB will provide a maximum amount of US $ 10,000 (ten thousand dollars) following dual signatures to an "agreement" between the parties.
- Personalized business meetings schedule
- Conference plenaries and sessions, along with social, cultural, and networking activities within the X China-LAC Business Summit
The China Council for the Promotion of International Trade (CCPIT) will provide:
- For the first 80 SME exporting companies selected: a 3m x 3m exhibition booth where those can display their goods for two (2) days of the summit (14-15 October) and three (3) days following the Summit (16-18 October) to attract additional Chinese buyers and consumers and to negotiate/close deals directly at the booths. A standard booth includes 3 boards, a carpet, a name board (the name of your organization will be painted in both English and Chinese), reception table, information desk, 4 chairs, 1 dust bin, 4 spot lights, 1 socket (220V).
- Ground transportation from Beijing to Tangshan
Eligible companies will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Specialization within one or more of the following industrial sectors: Agribusiness, Manufacturing, Infrastructure, and Professional Services.
- Company Profile in ConnectAmericas that has been verified or is in the verification process. If you are not familiar with ConnectAmericas, the first social network for entrepreneurs created by the IDB, click here.
- Status as a small or medium-sized enterprise company – based on annual revenue or number of employees – from one of the IDB Group’s borrowing country members (see criteria here).
- Commercial Experience with Asia, preferably China.
How to apply for this benefit?
- Event registration remains open, however, we are no longer accepting applications for IDB benefits. Thank you for your interest.
- For more information: please email email@example.com