WeXchange Women STEMpreneurs Competition
WEXCHANGE 2023: the call for applications to the WeXchange Women STEMpreneurs Competition is now open!
Are you ready? The application period will be open until March 31st.
Applications are now open for the WeXchange Women STEMpreneurs Competition, which seeks to identify the most innovative and dynamic women entrepreneurs in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) from Latin America and the Caribbean and connect them with potential financing opportunities.
What is the WeXchange Women STEMpreneurs Competition?
The competition is part of WeXchange, IDB Lab’s platform to support the growth of women entrepreneurs in tech from the region. This call for applications is organized in partnership with Google and with the support of WeFi (Women Entrepreneurs Finance Initiative) and the venture capital fund, AVP Ventures.
If you are a woman, co-Founder, or part of the leadership team (C-suite) of a startup that is actively raising capital from pre-Seed to Series B, apply and become one of the 15 selected startups that will pitch in Bogota to investors and key innovation ecosystem players from Latin America and the Caribbean on June 13th and 14th, during the 2023 WeXchange Forum. This event will take place at IDB Lab Forum, the premier innovation event of the IDB Group’s.
Who can apply?
- Startups with at least one woman in the founding or leadership team (C-suite).
- Startups that are actively raising capital from seed rounds to series A/B or planning an investment round within the next 3 months.
- Startups with a high technological component or where Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) are key pieces, to includes sectors such as fintech, edtech, agtech, healthtech, biotech, e-commerce, transportation/mobility, logistics, digital security, cleantech, tourism, SaaS for SMEs, among others.
- Legally incorporated startups with headquarters and operations in at least one country in Latin America or the Caribbean. Startups with highly scalable business models at a regional/global level and high potential for social and/or environmental impact.
- Profile of the founding team, previous experience, and ability to execute.
- Differentiating/disruptive element of the proposed solution.
- Growth potential & market size.
- Viability of the business model.
- Scalability potential.
- Potential for social and/or environmental impact.
- Performance and traction to date.
15 women-led startups will be selected to travel to Bogota to pitch their business to investors and key innovation ecosystem players from Latin America and the Caribbean, on June 13th and 14th, during the WeXchange Forum 2023. This event will take place at IDB Lab Forum, the premier innovation event of the IDB Group.
In addition to participating in the WeXchange Forum, the selected woman entrepreneurs and their teams, will participate in one of Google for Startups’ flagship programs -the Startup Academy- a micro-acceleration program with workshops, keynotes and one-on-one mentoring sessions; that will connect them with experts in technology, digital marketing, leadership and fundraising.
The first part of this bootcamp (80%) will be held virtually, and the remaining 20% will be held in person in Bogota, in the days leading up to the WeXchange Forum. The bootcamp is divided into blocks by topic, and all relevant members of the company are invited to participate in each block.
The prize of this call includes travel and lodging expenses for the female founder/co-founder or director (C-suite) of the company, who will be pitching.
- Application period: February 27th to March 31st, 2023. Applications will be submitted via Google forms.
*Only applications that meet all requirements will be evaluated.
- Selection process: The applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis. The announcement of the selected companies will be communicated via email no later than May 15.
*IDB Lab reserves the right to request additional information, including the ability to request video-call interviews.
- Startup Academy (virtual): May 29th to June 1st, 9am to 5pm CST*. It is a requirement that at least one representative from each company participates in each of the sessions.
*Dates and times are subject to change without notice. Some workshops and sessions may be held in person in Bogota in the days leading up to WeXchange Forum 2023.
- WeXchange Forum 2023: June 13th and 14th, 2023. The woman entrepreneur / C-suite director of the company will pitch to regional investors and ecosystem players. The representative of each company must be available to travel within four days before and after the date of the event.
*It is the responsibility of each selected participant to comply with the immigration and health requirements to travel to Colombia. IDB Lab will not be able to provide support with visa procedures.
How to apply?
The application will be submitted through Google forms.
The deadline to apply is March 31st, 2023 (11:59pm, CST).
For more details and to apply, click here.
THIS CONTENT WAS ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED BY WEXCHANGE, TO READ IT CLICK HERE.