Investment opportunities in Nicaragua
Nicaragua offers an array of opportunities for investors, from the food processing industry to the automobile industry.
Main Opportunities for Investment in Nicaragua
1. Food Processing
Nicaragua is a traditionally agricultural and cattle-farming country. Both these industries have been a fundamental part of the country's exports for more than 150 years. Historically known as the "breadbasket of Central America", Nicaragua is recognized for its fertile soils.
The expansion of supermarket chains and the growing demand for food products in the region continue to attract important investment in the agro-export sector. In addition to this, we have the growing demand of bio-fuels and the enormous amount of underutilized land with forestry potential.
- To obtain more information about business opportunities in this industry, please send your questions or comments to email@example.com.
2. Outsourcing Services
During 2012 Nicaragua has stood out as one of the top emerging Knowledge Process Outsourcing (KPO) and Information Technology Outsourcing (ITO) markets of the Central American region. There are currently 25 companies operating under the Free Zone Regime providing services to the U.S., altogether employing more than 5,300 bilingual young and talented professionals. These companies provide outbound and inbound services to international clients.
- To obtain more information about business opportunities in this industry, please send your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Investors find in Nicaragua significant quantitative and qualitative advantages for export-oriented footwear manufacturing projects, including: competitive labor costs and social stability, high personal safety levels –the highest in the region–, generous fiscal incentives, as well as a solid legal framework for investments.
The following products represent niches with attractive investment opportunities for manufacturing projects:
- Footwear with leather uppers: casual or high-grade fashion shoes.
- Functional boots for industrial protection or outdoor purposes.
- Synthetic shoes and sandals.
- Production of parts and accessories necessary to complement local supply chain.
- To obtain more information about business opportunities in this industry, please send us your questions or comments to email@example.com.
4. Auto Parts
Nicaragua is an ideal platform for export-oriented manufacturing and assembly operations looking to gain a competitive edge in today’s global market. The country provides significant qualitative and quantitative advantages as an offshore manufacturing location.
Among the most prominent companies in the industry you will find: ARNECOM, an auto wire harness manufacturer and Stainless Ride, which designs and manufactures stainless steel products and other metals used in luxury motorcycles. These companies have found ideal conditions in Nicaragua to develop their operations.
- To obtain more information about business opportunities in this industry, please send your questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Forestry plantations open doors to opportunities for energy generation based on biomass and for environmental services such as the sale of carbon credits. The availability of land at competitive costs, coupled with the sector’s generous fiscal incentives, make Nicaragua an attractive destination for forestry investments.
Nicaragua has considerable extensions of land that are currently under-utilized, which are apt for the production of energy and bio-fuels based on forestry biomass, which can be used as raw material for second generation bio-fuels. As part of the strategy to foster biomass production, the Law for the Promotion of Electric Energy from Renewable Sources (Law 532) also includes incentives for biomass generation.
To obtain more information about business opportunities in this industry, please send your questions or comments to email@example.com