ExporTT Grants for Research and Development
ExporTT offers grants for research and development to stimulate and support investment in new and advanced technology and innovation as a competitiveness enhancement tool.
ExporTT offers grants for Research and Development (R&D) to stimulate and support investment in new and advanced technology and innovation as a competitiveness enhancement tool.
The grants are available for enterprises in the non-energy manufacturing and services sectors. The maximum grant per business for R&D projects is TT$500,000. The maximum grant for patent registration is TT$300,000. Grants are also available for business alliances of two or more businesses, with a maximum amount of TT$1 million.
- To help manufacturing and service firms to develop innovative products, processes, systems and services
- To increase the number of companies performing effective R&D in Trinidad and Tobago
- To increase the scale of the investment in R&D in Trinidad and Tobago
- To increase the number of companies doing R&D for the first time
- The grants are open to sole proprietors, businesses, partnerships and companies
- Must be an established business in Trinidad and Tobago in operation for at least one year as evidenced by audited financial statements and/or bank statements
- Must be locally owned
- Must be from the non-energy manufacturing and services sector
- Must show evidence of being able to cover the required Client Contribution percentage of project costs based on the business size category.