CAMTEX provides important information for investing in the textile industry in El Salvador
The Chamber of Textile, Clothing and Free Trade Zone Industries (CAMTEX) offers information on attractive investment opportunities made available by El Salvador to companies seeking access to regional markets in Central, North and South America, for the following reasons:
- Strategic location
- Competitive production costs
- Human capital with high productivity
- Preferential access to international markets
- Attractive tax incentives.
El Salvador also has several laws in place that promote a business environment and the attraction of foreign investment:
- Investment Law (in Spanish): the main benefits of this law include equal treatment of foreign and national investors; freedom to transfer funds abroad; and access to local financing.
- Industrial Free Trade Zone and Marketing Law (in Spanish): enables, among others, VAT, municipal and income tax exemptions and the free import of raw material, machinery, tools and input.
- International Services Law (in Spanish): stipulates a legal framework with clear rules on new international marketing opportunities in the services sector.
Additionally, El Salvador has entered into several Free Trade Agreements establishing a commercial platform for exporting duty free products. Click here to see applicable tariffs for each country by tariff code, free trade agreement or SAC description.