CAMTEX provides guidance on Free Trade Zones in El Salvador
The Chamber of Textile, Clothing and Free Trade Zone Industries (CAMTEX) (in Spanish) offers specialized and updated information on free trade zones in El Salvador.
Precisely, free trade zones are among the most efficient systems for strengthening global competitiveness, promoting exports, technology transfer and social and economic development.
Currently, there are 17 Free Trade Zones in El Salvador located strategically in 6 of the country’s 14 departments to satisfy the following purposes:
- Skilled and/or bilingual human resources;
- Land, air and sea connectivity: digital connectivity; and
- Electric power generation; among others.
Likewise, the Free Trade Zone infrastructure houses over 200 companies in different fields:
- Distribution centers;
- Contact centers;
- Agriculture and livestock;
- Electronics; and
- Metal and mechanical industry.