The event will take place as part of the IDB Group’s 56th Annual Meeting of the Boards of Governors, and is organized jointly by the IDB, the Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency (KOTRA), the Export-Import Bank of Korea (Korea Eximbank), the Korea International Trade Association (KITA), and the Korea Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KCCI).
The Korea-LAC Business Summit will bring together business leaders and high-ranking government officials from Korea, Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC), to exchange ideas and experiences relating to strategic topics in order to identify business and investment opportunities. Additionally, we will be facilitating one-on-one business meetings between Korean, Latin American and Caribbean companies.
As the representative of your company, you will have the opportunity to participate in discussion panels specific to commercial conditions and opportunities in your industry. You will also have the chance to meet potential clients, suppliers and investors in business meetings, and you can participate in a variety of social activities.
How can I participate?
We are encouraging early registration for this event by offering logistical support in the form of a US$2,000 voucher to cover part of the cost of a round trip ticket to Busan, as well as complete coverage of the cost of lodgings for three nights in one of the hotels designated for the event. The logistical support voucher will be provided as a reimbursement within the 15 days following the end of the Korea-LAC Business Summit.
The deadline for applications for logistical support is February 4, 2015. Please register on the official webpage.
Eligibility criteria for these benefits are:
- Experience in international trade in one of the following industries: auto parts; security equipment; chemical products; electrical equipment; electronic devices and mobile accessories; medical equipment; heavy machinery; maritime equipment; textile products; processed foods; traditional beverages (coffee, wine, etc.); international franchises.
- International trade experience in Asia, preferably in Korea.
- To be a small or medium business – according to the company’s annual billing or number of employees – from one of the borrowing member countries of the IDB Group (see list here).
- To have a business profile compatible with the Korean companies registered for the event.
- Registration of the company at ConnectAmericas.com.
We hope to see you at this important event, and we trust that it will be a unique opportunity for your company. If you have any questions or if you would like to receive more information, click here or contact José Cabrera: email@example.com