ConnectAmericas communities are public and private groups where entrepreneurs with common interests share relevant information for the industry, offer their products or services, or express their interest in buying products or services related to the industry.
In this article, we answer the following frequently asked questions related to the Communities.
- Can I report abuse, spam, or inappropriate language in a community?
- Can I change the frequency of notifications I receive about activity in my communities?
- How do I leave a community?
- Can an account be banned from a community?
- Can I create my own community?
- I don't see my industry on the list. Can I suggest it?
Click here to check our Frequently Asked Questions site.
1. Can I report abuse, spam, or inappropriate language in a community?
Yes. You can report a comment in a community by clicking the flag icon next to the comment. This will alert the community moderator who will determine the action to take.
2. Can I change the frequency of notifications I receive about activity in my communities?
Yes, you can change, activate or deactivate the notifications you receive via email. Simply follow these steps:
- Select "Account Settings" in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Select "Notifications." From there, you can choose the frequency with which you want to receive notifications.
- Select "Save".
3. How do I leave a community?
To leave the community, click the "Leave Group" button on the community page, in the upper right corner.
4. ¿Puede una cuenta ser vetada de una comunidad?
Yes. Users who misuse the system, for example by generating spam or using inappropriate language, may be removed from a community by community moderators. Any user can report inappropriate content by clicking on the flag icon.
5. Can I create my own community?
Currently, users cannot create their own communities. The communities that exist today are created by ConnectAmericas or its local partners, such as Ministries of Commerce, Chambers of Commerce, or other business support organizations. If you are a business support organization and want to create your own community, please contact us at email@example.com and we will evaluate cooperation possibilities.
6. I don't see my industry on the list. Can I suggest it?
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your suggestion. We constantly evaluate the relevance and timeliness of our communities, and your opinion will be valued by us.